Posts Tagged ‘holidays’
It’s that time of year again! It’s time to think about sending out those holiday greetings. We’re hosting a giveaway featuring a set of six bunny holiday cards by Grizzly Bear Greetings.
You can choose one of the following three designs (or create an assortment of all three):
- Christmas Tree Bunnies Christmas Cards
- Sledding Bunnies Holiday Cards
- Snow Bunny Rabbit Holiday Cards
The designs are printed on 100% recycled card stock with a matte finish. Cards measure 5.5 x 4.25 inches when folded. Comes with six A2 white 100% recycled envelopes. Inside greeting (Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Season’s Greetings, etc.) can be customized.
- To enter, comment below with your answer to this question: What’s your best piece of advice for new bunny owners?
- Be sure to include your email address so we can contact you for your card preference and mailing address if you win. Contest is open worldwide and ends Thursday, November 8 at 11:59 pm EST.
UPDATE: Congratulations to our winner Amber!
Congratulations to Wing T. from Honolulu, Hawaii for winning our Bunny Christmas Card giveaway!
Many people chimed in on why rabbits make great indoor pets. Here are some popular reasons:
- Easily litter-trained / clean
- Binkies and other bunny behavior
- Loving / social
For those who didn’t win, you can purchase these Christmas cards, along with a slew of other bunny-themed cards, prints, and gifts at our Bunny Lover Gift Shop.
For a wide variety of animal cards and prints (including bunnies), stop by Grizzly Bear Greetings, the Etsy shop of My House Rabbit co-editor Abi Cushman. You’ll find pole-vaulting hippos, bulldozing aardvarks, and many other fun designs.
Here are a few helpful links to peruse:
- Your Bunny and the Holidays: A comprehensive article by the House Rabbit Society about keeping your bunny safe in the midst of holiday plants, Christmas trees (and lights), and holiday guests.
- Bunny Sitter Guide: This checklist put out by Binky Bunny will ensure that your bunny sitter has all the necessary information to keep your rabbit happy and healthy while you are away visiting family or on a holiday vacation.
- Flying with your Bunny: If you plan to travel with your rabbit, our blog post from this past June lists airlines that allow rabbits to travel in the cabin. There is also a petition going around to persuade Southwest Airlines to permit rabbits in cabin as well.
With the holidays fast approaching, here are a few gift ideas for rabbit lovers.
- “Solitude” – 8.5 x 11 Print – $20.00
This adorable print of an acrylic painting by Kristiana Pärn features a crisp white rabbit on a swing. It’s the perfect wall accessory for your friend/family member’s bunny-proofed room!
Buy it from Etsy
- Squirrel and Bunny Recipe Cards (Set of 10) – $8.00
These cute forest creatures wearing aprons and exhibiting excellent culinary techniques make cooking extra fun! Showcasing wonderful illustrations by Susie Ghahremani, these recipe cards will spice up anyone’s cooking experience!
Buy it from Etsy
- Bunnies in Boats by Rob Styler – $9.99
Bunnies in Boats tells the story of a rabbit tribe happily living on an island until the waters around them start to rise. As fear sweeps over the tribe, one family strives to find a solution to this impending problem. Not only is this little book a good read, purchasing a copy also helps fund the maintenance of My House Rabbit and plants a tree!
Buy the book
- Watership Down by Richard Adams – $10.88
This is classic tale of a community of rabbits who must flee their English countryside warren due to land development. The novel comments on the downside to urban development and serves as an allegory to human culture and interaction.
Buy it from Amazon
- House Rabbit Society Gift Donation
Make a donation to the House Rabbit Society (or local chapter) in someone’s name. The person will receive membership to the House Rabbit Journal which contains helpful information about rabbit health and behavior.
Donate to the HRS