Petfinder has put together a new list for 2011 of pet friendly airlines, and there is another rabbit-friendly air carrier that we can add to the list.
Posts Tagged ‘petfinder’
To celebrate its 15th birthday, Petfinder is launching a campaign to spread the word about animal adoption on March 15, 2011. There are many ways to get the message out including:
- Writing about pet adoption on your blog, website, Facebook page, or Twitter account
- Adding a badge (like the one shown on the right) to your website or blog
- Captioning a Petfinder adoptable photo on I Can Has Cheezburger
You can focus more on spreading the word about rabbit adoption in the following ways:
- Share your rabbit adoption story with the Rabbit Advocate, an HRS educator, who is hosting a contest on her blog
(UPDATE: See winning story here)
- Link to our article, Benefits of Adopting a Pet Rabbit
- Print out and hang up “Did You Know” posters from the House Rabbit Society that educate the public about rabbit adoption and proper care
I was pleasantly surprised to learn that pet rabbits are allowed inside the cabin with you on Continental Airlines. Unfortunately, they were the only airline on the list that allowed rabbits in the cabin if on the plane at all.
Pet Airways offers a pet-only travel option as well. The cabin is climate controlled and all animals are monitored and taken care of by attendants.
For the full pet-friendly airline list, see: Petfinder.com.